Friends, I've made a big decision! I've decided to make more consistent Blog Posts with better content just for you! We're going to have themed days (Tutorial Tuesday, Transformation Thursday, and Simple Saturday) with only one longer tutorial post (Tutorial Tuesday---so today is the day!) and I'll throw in a few "surprise" posts here and there throughout the month. This should make my blog a bit more engaging, interactive, and easier to digest! Please let me know what you think and I will continue to evolve and change so I can be the best for you!!!
Okay, let's get started with Tutorial Tuesday!
It's no surprise now how very much I love my Coffee Break Bundle. And if you own it, you probably have tons of fun making coffee cups, too!
But I struggled with how to use it on a birthday card. Do you have that problem, too? Well, one day, I magically saw a cupcake wrapper when I was die-cutting a coffee sleeve. And then it hit me! I can make a cupcake!
This card incorporates different components from different stamp sets, but you can easily substitute any of those extra elements for something you may have.
Take a look at the card we're going to make:
There's a little shimmer, a lot of pink, and a cupcake! It's so me! Haha!
Here's the supplies you will want to gather up...
- Powder Pink Cardstock #144244
- Whisper White Cardstock #100730
- Birthday Memories Designer Series Paper #144118
- Coffee Cafe Bundle #145331
- Stylized Birthday Stamp #141828
- Cool Treats Photopolymer Stamp Set #142982
- Stitched Shapes Framelits #145372
- Shimmer Ribbon in Powder Pink #144151
- Rhinestone Basic Jewels #144220
- Wink of Stella Glitter Brush in Clear #141897
- Stampin' Dimensionals #104430
- Classic Stampin' Pad in Powder Pink #144084
- Powder Pink Cardstock (8-1/2" x 5-1/2"; scored at 4-1/4")
- Plus a scrap piece for die-cutting
- Whisper White Cardstock (4" x 5-1/4")
- Plus a scrap piece for stamping/die-cutting
- Multi-Color Stripe Birthday Memories DSP (4" x 1")
- We'll begin with the super easy stuff; use your favorite adhesive to adhere the Whisper White Cardstock piece to your card base (Powder Pink Cardstock). Now you can adhere the striped Birthday Memories DSP piece to the card. (I placed mine about 3/4" from the bottom of the white. Measurement don't really need to be exact here!)
- Now let's make our cupcake! First, stamp the swirly whipped cream from the Coffee Cafe Bundle (the Coffee Break Stamp Set) and stamp that onto a scrap piece of Whisper White Cardstock using your Classic Stampin' Pad in Powder Pink.
- Using the sprinkle stamp from the Cool Treats Photopolymer Stamp Set, you can stamp sprinkles onto the "frosting" using Powder Pink.
- Substitution: If you don't have this stamp set or you want to try something different, you can subsitute for sequins or more rhinestones, or even just leave it blank!
- Use the coordinating Framelit from the Coffee Cafe Bundle to diecut your "frosting" piece.
- Die cut a coffee cup wrapper from a scrap piece of Powder Pink Cardstock.
- Die cut a circle from a scrap piece of Whisper White Cardstock from the second largest circle using the Stitched Shapes Framelits.
- Adhere your "cupcake wrapper" to the stitched circle. But before you apply the "frosting", let's attach a snippet of the Shimmer Ribbon in Powder Pink to the circle (I just used a stapler!).
- Now, we can hide that staple and use a Stampin' Dimensional to pop up the "frosting" for your cupcake.
- Use the Stylized Birthday Stamp to stamp your "Happy Birthday" sentiment in the upper left hand corner of the card in Powder Pink ink.
- Substitution: Feel free to use any birthday sentiment here! Big or small, it'll look good with your cupcake!
- Add your cupcake circle to the card using a Stampin' Dimensional.
- Finally, add a little bling to your card by placing three Rhinestone Basic Jewels along the right hand side of the card and use your Wink of Stella Glitter Brush to give your sprinkles a little shimmer.
Yay! A perfectly pink, minimally bling-ed out Birthday card using the Coffee Cafe Bundle! Who knew!? Now you can make cupcakes without needing a special cupcake set all day long!